Here's how to update your Ranger Duo dash cam to the latest firmware.
To update the firmware on your dash cam, you'll need a computer with a microSD card reader. If your computer doesn't have one, you may need to purchase a microSD card reader (you can find this easily online or from your local OfficeWorks, Big W or computer accessories shop for under $15).
The whole update process will take about 3-5 minutes. It also involves reformatting your microSD card. Therefore, please back up all your files before proceeding with the final steps.
- Download the firmware file here: SD_CarDV.bin
- Remove the microSD card from your Ranger Duo and insert it into your computer's microSD card reader.
- Open the microSD card folder in your computer. Then, back up and save all your existing files in your microSD card onto your computer.
- Once you have backed up all your recordings, copy the firmware file SD_CarDV.bin downloaded from step 1 into the root directory of your microSD card. Do not put it inside any of the folders.
- Safely remove the microSD card from your computer and re-insert it into your Ranger Duo dash cam in the car. You would need to start your car engine because the dash cam needs to be switched on for the next few steps (which will take less than 3 minutes)
- Switch on the dash cam by pressing the power button. The dash cam will display "Read File" and then "Write Firmware" while it upgrades the firmware. This will take less than 1 minute and you will be able to see its progress on the dash cam's screen.
- Once the upgrade is complete, the dash cam will automatically turn itself off.
- Remove the microSD card from the dash cam.
- Switch on the dash cam.
- Re-insert the microSD card into the dash cam and format it right away to delete the firmware. This step is very important because if the firmware file is still in the microSD card the next time you switch on the dash cam, it will attempt to upgrade the firmware again.
Firmware updated 17/04/2020 - Fixes a bug issue with speed and GPS recording.